Thursday, March 1, 2012

Adventures in Gulu

My feet are covered in dust.

I’m hot and sweaty.

But I’m happy.

I’m back in Gulu.

The huge blue skies are mine for the taking. The wide open fields, the town with its shops and markets and restaurants are mine to enjoy. I’ll be here for almost three weeks, working with the staff and kids of the Hope Alive! site up here. I’m looking forward to reconnecting with friends, visiting homes, doing lots of walking, learning more Acholi, and putting in some educational supports for our students.

God blessed me immensely by making it possible for me to stay in the same hotel (and even in the same room!) where I stayed last year with my roommate Kacie. This time around I’m on my own. That’s a bit intimidating, but I’ve had practice in the last few months being by myself, and while it definitely is not my preference, I’m making it work.




Back in Room 303





My prayer is that during this time I will be sensitive to God’s leading, that I will accomplish the things He has for me to do, and that I will be able to recognize His work in my life and in the lives of those around me. Oh, also that the rains come soon!




Some of the wonderful people I'll be working with: Simon (Site Manager), Sarah (Site Assistant) and Christopher (Mentor).

No comments: